Are you looking to work in an exciting and growing food delivery service? FuelMe is on track to become the largest meal delivery service in Finland and we offer you a chance to be a part of it.
As our Chef you will be in charge of our food production, which includes kitchen and cooking processes, menu creation, stock control and ingredient purchasing. Our balanced ready-to-eat meals are our core product and we aim to reach the highest level of quality, while at the same time develop new ideas to engage our growing customer base. Get to know our service and products on www.fuelme.fi.
Cooking and food preparations are done in our equipped and spacious kitchen in Oulunkylä. Our main cooking days are Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays with shorter preparation days on Tuesdays and Thursdays. We give you the freedom to work creatively and think outside the box when it comes to our weekly menu creation and to put your ideas into practice.
You will be handling the cooking processes and deliver quality food in an efficient, clean and fast way. You will be assisted by our current kitchen helpers to manage the preparation processes. To be successful in this position and produce a big volume of healthy food requires organisational and problem-solving skills, while knowing how to handle time schedules.
We offer you the chance to grow with the company's operations in Helsinki. You will receive a training period to adjust to our working schedule, a nice work environment, a competitive salary and fun colleagues. As a company, we make sure you receive the support and tools to succeed in your role..
- You have at least 1 year of working experience as a chef in Finland.
- You are a team player and leader: you know how to guide and support others positively in a kitchen, but you also are able to receive feedback.
- You are able to work independently on a set amount of tasks, but are not afraid to delegate tasks if needed.
- You have experience in menu creation and ingredient purchasing.
- Basic IT skills are important.
We appreciate it if:
- You have experience in producing delicious food on a large scale efficiently.
- You are hard-working and passionate about professional cooking, menu creation and anything related to food.
- You have experience in and knowledge of a variety of different international cuisines and you are able to give your own twist to ingredients and meals.
- You are proficient in writing and speaking English (our company language). You have a sufficient understanding of the Finnish language.
- You are flexible and able to adapt to changing processes as the company grows.
- You want to make an impact on the daily lives of busy and health-conscious people.
Instructions for applications
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Job Application: FuelMe Chef” with your 1-page CV attached as a PDF document.. Include in your email a short description in English (max 800 characters) of why you would be an excellent fit for our team.
Applicants with the most potential will be invited for an online interview. Successful candidates are then asked to create a hypothetical weekly FuelMe menu before a 4-hour test shift in our kitchen. We will contact all applicants with a response.
Any questions about the position or application process? Please call Co-Founder Pieter Dreesen (+358 414 86 97 14), on weekdays between 12:00 and 17:00.