Are you looking to work in an exciting and growing food delivery service? We are on track to become the largest meal delivery service in the Nordics. Apply for one of our positions or send us an open application!
Head of Kitchen Production
As the Head of Kitchen Production you will be in charge of our food production, which includes all kitchen and cooking processes, leading the kitchen team, taking care of the menu creation and ingredient purchasing. Our healthy ready-to-eat meals are our core product and we aim to maintain the highest level of quality, while at the same time continuously develop new ideas to engage our customers.
Cooking and food preparations are taken care off in our modernly equipped and centrally located kitchen in Jätkäsaari, where all the brand-new cooking tools are available for your use. Our main working days are Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays. Administrative tasks are done on other days. The salary is in accordance with the collective agreement for the food industry (TES). We give you the freedom to work creatively and think outside the box when it comes to our weekly menu creation and to put your ideas into practice.
You will be leading our kitchen staff and guide them to deliver quality food in an efficient, clean and fast way. To be successful in this position and produce a big volume of healthy food requires organizational and problem-solving skills, while knowing how to handle time schedules. We offer you the chance to become thé person behind our healthy meals and menus, and grow with the company’s operations in Helsinki, Finland and internationally.
- You have at least 2 years of working experience as a chef in Finland.
- You are proficient in writing and speaking English (our company language).
- You currently live in Finland.
- You are a team player and leader: you know how to guide and support others positively in a kitchen, but you also are able to receive feedback.
- You are able to work independently and efficiently on a set amount of tasks, but you know when to step up as a positive and energetic team leader to overcome challenges and teach others to grow.
- You have a broad experience in menu creation and ingredient purchasing, all from a cost-effective perspective.
- Basic IT skills are important.
- You have experience in producing delicious food on a large scale.
- You are hard-working and passionate about professional cooking, menu creation and anything related to food.
- You have experience in and knowledge of a variety of different international cuisines and you are able to give your own twist to ingredients and meals, keeping into account seasonal availability and prices.
- You have a sufficient understanding of the Finnish language.
- You are flexible and able to adapt to changing processes as the company grows.
- You want to make an impact on the daily lives and the long-term health of people.
Instructions for applications
Send an email to email@example.com with the title “Job Application: Head of Kitchen Production” with your 1-page CV attached as a PDF document by 23.05.2021, 23:59 EEST. Include in your email a maximum 800 character long description in English of why you would be an excellent fit for our team. Applications not following these instructions will not be handled.
Applicants with the most potential will be invited for a first online interview at 26.05.2021. Successful candidates are then asked to create a hypothetical weekly FuelMe menu before doing an actual test shift on 30.05.2021 or 01.06.2021. Applicants are encouraged to reserve these times in advance to be considered for the position. We will contact all applicants with a response.
Any questions about the position or application process? Please call Co-Founder Pieter Dreesen (+358 414 86 97 14), on weekdays between 13:00 and 17:00. We are busy fueling everyone with delicious foods and can’t unfortunately take inquiries outside of these calling times. Thanks for understanding!